SNC-Lavalin Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to all Personal Data that SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) and any websites or equivalent internet resources may generally collect, process and store about you, specifically in relation to any engagements regarding working for SNC-Lavalin and any associated recruitment related processes and information.
By providing your Personal Data to SNC-Lavalin, you expressly acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice is published on all SNC-Lavalin recruitment related websites to ensure it is readily available to potential employees throughout any engagement. SNC-Lavalin reserves the right to amend the Privacy Notice from time to time where reasonable to ensure it continues to accurately reflect the way in which we process Personal Data in the context of recruitment. Any updates or changes to the Privacy Notice will be published on the relevant SNC-Lavalin recruitment websites and associated services and highlighted at the end of this document.
The privacy and security of the Personal Data collected from you is a priority to SNC-Lavalin. It is also important to us that you understand how we handle this data.
SNC-Lavalin’s Data Privacy Principles
Data Privacy is built into everything we do. Our data privacy principles apply to everything we do, no matter where we do it. To this end:
SNC-Lavalin takes responsibility for the Personal Data we hold and process.
Personal Data is collected and processed fairly, lawfully, transparently and in accordance with our Code of Conduct and Data Privacy Compliance Policy Framework.
Processing of Personal Data is always documented and assessed at the outset to ensure there is the minimum privacy risk and impact to individuals.
Personal Data of individuals is always protected, secure and kept confidential.
Personal Data is collected only where necessary for legal, regulatory and business purposes and only used for the purposes it was collected for.
Personal Data is only retained for as long as is necessary to achieve the original processing purpose or to satisfy our legal and regulatory obligations.
This policy sets out the basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purposes of any Data Protection legislation, the Data Controller is SNC-Lavalin.
What is the Basis for Processing this Personal Data?
|Performance of a contract
||Where we enter into a contract for the provision of products or services, we may need to collect and process your personal data so that we can meet our contractual obligations. This also applies to any pre- contract activity, such as role specifications or a contract of employment or job offer.
|Regulatory and legal obligations
||We may collect and process Personal Data to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations. For example, where we are legally obliged to keep records of sales and any associated tax records.
|Legitimate commercial interests
We may process Personal Data where such processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate commercial interests, such as operating our business and defending legal claims.
||Where we rely specifically on consent to collect and process non-mandatory Personal Data, you are not obliged to provide your consent for the use of your Personal Data and you may subsequently withdraw your consent once it has been provided. It should be noted however that this may limit your experience with our resources and services.
What are my Data Privacy rights?
Every individual has the following rights in relation to the processing of their Personal Data by SNC-Lavalin:
• The right to access and inspect their Personal Data or be provided with a permanent copy of the information being held about them.
• The right to request the correction of any inaccuracies in their Personal Data or where the accuracy of information is disputed, to add additional information to give notice that they dispute the accuracy of the information content.
• The right to request the erasure of their Personal Data, particularly where the continued processing of the information is no longer necessary.
• The right to object to the processing of their Personal Data, particularly where there are no longer sufficient legitimate grounds for SNC-Lavalin to continue processing the information.
• The right to restrict processing, data portability and the right to appeal any automated decision making or profiling.
• The right to complain to a Data Protection Regulator about SNC-Lavalin’s processing of Personal Data.
It is important to note that the rights set out above are not unconditional and the specific circumstances of the processing being undertaken by SNC-Lavalin will determine if these rights may be exercised. Further information concerning these rights and their application can be obtained from the Data Protection Officer.
Information we may collect from you, and use we may make of it
SNC-Lavalin may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions this may also include - sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
• to provide our services to you;
• to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website or a candidate;
• to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
• to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to internal departments and divisions in order to apply for jobs;
• to answer your enquiries;
• to advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
• to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
• to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required),
verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as SNC-Lavalin;
• to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT specialists carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as SNC-Lavalin;
• we may also pass your personal information to, or allow access to such information by, SNC-Lavalin group companies worldwide to enable them to use your personal data for the purposes set out above, depending on which job you are seeking or the location where you are seeking a job.
• if SNC-Lavalin or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
• we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and/or will provide you with industry news. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe links are provided in every job alert email that you receive. Job alerts can also be received via RSS feeds without having to provide your email address. Job alerts emails are sent by SNC-Lavalin or a group company some of which are outside the European Economic Area (in which case your details will be sent to or accessed by that group company to enable them to issue the relevant job e-mail alert to you).
Curriculum vitae ("CV")
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our recruitment specialists. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment specialists for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in the SNC-Lavalin database, and will be accessible by all SNC-Lavalin recruitment specialists in our organization. Your CV may also be e-mailed directly to other SNC-Lavalin global offices for review and entry onto their own in-house database to enable them to provide their services to you. In addition, the SNC-Lavalin recruitment database, including the information relating to you, can be accessed by any of our recruitment specialists working in other locations outside of where you reside.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).
Where we store your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How is your Personal Data kept secure?
SNC-Lavalin have implemented appropriate security measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Employee Personal Data. We employ organisational and technical security measures, including password protection, encryption, physical locks, etc., to protect Personal Data and to ensure it is processed appropriately, consistently and in accordance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
If you are authorized to have access to the Personal Data of others, it is important that you take appropriate safeguards to protect this Personal Data.
SNC-Lavalin monitors Internet traffic to detect access to inappropriate websites or other materials. SNC-Lavalin also uses email filters to block spam and computer viruses. It is possible that some legitimate email messages and websites may be blocked or hindered by these filters.
Disclosure of your information
We do not pass on or sell online personal information to third parties. We may however share information within our organisation and in some cases, it will be necessary to pass information to our pension or share administrators. This may include our employees, agents, contractors and sub-contractors. Please note that by sending your personal information to us you are consenting to the processing and transfer of such information in this way.
How long is your Personal Data retained for?
We retain appropriate records of Personal Data for Regulatory, Legal and Contract administration purposes. We only keep Personal Data for as long as necessary for the purpose or purposes it was collected for. Records are retained for a predefined retention period that may extend beyond a contract with SNC-Lavalin. Personal Data is retained to comply with other legal and contractual obligations and requirements such as Health and Safety. Where required, further information concerning our records retention policy can be obtained from the SNC-Lavalin Data Protection Officer whose contact details are below.
International transfers of Personal Data
We may transfer Personal Data, for the processing purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, to any other companies within SNC-Lavalin or to Third Parties who process data on our behalf under our instruction. SNC-Lavalin and relevant Data Processors may operate globally across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, North America and Africa and may also set up establishments in other regions. We therefore reserve the right to transfer and process Personal Data on a global and worldwide basis in line with our legal, regulatory and contractual obligations.
We will only transfer Personal Data where necessary to operate our business, meet our contractual obligations and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We will endeavour to ensure that such transfers of Personal Data comply with all applicable data privacy laws and regulations and provide appropriate protection for the rights and freedoms conferred on all individuals under such laws. There may, however, be instances where for legal or contractual reasons, we are not permitted to transfer Personal Data outside of certain jurisdictions. Where required, further information concerning overseas transfers of Personal Data can be obtained from the SNC-Lavalin Data Protection Officer whose contact details are below.
Third Party Web Sites
We may provide hyperlinks from the site to websites of third parties. Please note that this privacy statement applies only to the contents of this site and not to those websites to which we may provide a link.
How to contact us to update your Personal Data or any queries you might have
If any information you have provided to us becomes inaccurate or out of date, or if you have any queries about this privacy statement, please contact us via this website, or via email to the Data Protection Officer whose contact details are below.
What do I do If I have a complaint or spot a violation of our requirements?
Complaints and/or violations of our requirements about the processing of Personal Data by SNC-Lavalin should be raised with the Data Protection Officer in the first instance, and should follow the requirements outlined in the Data Privacy Compliance Policy Framework available on the SNC-Lavalin intranet.
The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Data Privacy Compliance Team
500 Park Ave
Where an individual is not satisfied with the way we have handled a complaint they may refer the matter to the relevant Data Protection Regulator (for example, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada etc.) for further consideration.
What changes have been made to this Privacy Notice?
Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be documented below.
Version 1 SNC-Lavalin Privacy Notice created May 2018
Cookies and Google Analytics
||Nature of the Cookies
||Reason to Use/What function they perform
||tracks each user's amount of visits, and the time of the first, the previous, and the current visit (presumably partly for double checking).
||are used to track how long you stay on a site - when a visit starts and approximately ends
||In case Google Analytics is used
||are used to track how long you stay on a site - when a visit starts and approximately ends
This expires quickly
||tracks where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link)
||ID of the Server which served the request
||Managed by Microsoft technology used by IP3
||ID of the Session which is currently used
||Managed by Microsoft technology used by IP3
|| Sitecore Device
||To track devices, for e.g., Desktop or Mobile
||Stores Language For the Website
||To track the language when navigating through the website
• “First Party” Cookie – A cookie placed by this Website
• “Third Party” Cookie – A cookie placed by another domain (e.g. not this Website)
• “Permanent” Cookie - The cookie information is permanently stored on your device
• “Session” Cookie – The cookie information is temporarily stored in your web browser’s memory
• “Strictly Necessary” Cookies – These cookies are required so the website can function. No consent is required.
We don’t seek to collect your personal information and, where we do, we strive to anonymise your personal information where appropriate